Whistle Design Group is a Registered Service Provider (RSP) for the R&D Tax Incentive.
Whistle Design Group is proud to be recognised by AusIndustry as a Registered Service Provider for the Research and Development Tax incentive.
Registration Number – RSP104563.
About the R&D Tax Incentive.
The Research and Development Tax Incentive (R&D Tax Incentive or R&DTI) helps to offset some of the costs of eligible R&D, which benefits the wider Australian economy.
If you’re a small to medium-sized company, you can collaborate with an RSP like Whistle Design Group, to conduct R&D activities for your company without having to invest in the specialist staff or infrastructure needed to support such activities.
Apply to register your eligible R&D with the Department of Industry, Science, Energy & Resources within 10 months of the end of your company’s income year. You may then receive a tax offset when you lodge your Company Income Tax Return with the Australian Taxation Office.
What do You get?
You may be eligible for a tax benefit to offset some of the cost of your eligible R&D activities. This may be a refundable or non-refundable offset depending on your company.
Who is this for?
Your company needs to be liable to pay income tax in Australia, conduct at least one activity that meets the definition of a core R&D activity, and incur the minimum eligible R&D expenditure.
Thanks to our diverse project experience and background, we’re registered in the following fields:
- 0903 Biomedical Engineering – Medical device development
- 0910 Manufacturing Engineering – Packaging development
- 0913 Mechanical Engineering – Engineering design, simulation, prototyping, testing, Failure Modes and Effect Analysis
- 0915 Interdisciplinary Engineering – Engineering practice
- 0999 Other Engineering – Product design engineering
- 1203 Design Practice and Management – Design theory, ergonomics, industrial design, visual communication, design management
- 1204 Engineering Design – Engineering design knowledge
- 1006 Computer Hardware – Other computer hardware design
Talk to us about supporting your R&D program and how you can claim an R&D tax offset for eligible expenditure on registered R&D activities.
Find out more at business.gov.au
Companies that engage an RSP to perform R&D activities can claim an R&D tax offset for eligible expenditure on registered R&D activities even if their total claim is less than the usual expenditure threshold of $20,000 in an income year.
R&DTI Stage Report.
To support our clients in preparation for lodgement, we provide a stage report at the end of each Design Loop. The report typically outlines: