KT360 INJURY PREVENTION PLATFORM.
In 2017, Whistle commenced working with KangaTech to develop the next evolution of their Injury Prevention Platform (IPP). KangaTech, a leader in sport science, were looking to build on the success of their first-generation IPP. At the heart of this unit is KangaTech’s world-class, software-based, testing platform. A platform that enables the performance monitoring of elite athletes.
For the next evolution IPP, Whistle had 2 core tasks:
- Design and develop an integrated sensor housing. This housing contains all sensors, electronics, mechanisms and user controls.
- Re-design, re-invent and re-imagine the supporting frame and base.
As part of the early stages of the project we needed to understand all the usage requirements. With the requirements clearly defined, we then focussed on engineering a mechanical system that delivered on the following fundamental goals:
- Simple to setup
- Quick and easy to use
- Strong and robust construction
- Increase the accuracy of measurements taken
Attention was paid to developing an aesthetic that was suited to the gym environment and fitting of a leading sports science device. Selection of the right manufacturing methods and materials were a key driver of this.
DESIGN FOR MANUFACTURE.
Throughout the product development, the team at Whistle used our design and engineering experience to:
- Arrange manufacture and supply of prototype parts for all stages of testing and validation.
- Consult with local manufacturers – Areas included software and electronics, sheet metal, metal tube bending, CNC and machining, foam and upholstery.
- Source manufacturers both local and international.
- Supply production parts.
The latest IPP, called the “KT360”, and was launched worldwide in Q1 2019. Congratulations to the KangaTech team on their world class system!