Product Design Engineer
Posted June 2, 2021.
We’re looking for a talented, highly skilled, experienced Product Design Engineer to join our team. It’ll be a broad role focused on realising the concepts developed by our front-end creatives. We need you to bring your know-how and ninja-level Solidworks skills to help deliver concept and production ready CAD for a range of local and global projects.
Typical tasks can include:
- Quick concept modelling for validation, rendering or 3D print.
- Component modelling for skin-design.
- Production ready surface modelling, for supply to factory engineers for final detailing.
- Full production ready CAD, drafted, detailed, ready to tool.
- Production documentation, specifications and drawings, toleranced (GD&T knowledge required) and detailed as required.
- Prototyping (procurement or inhouse)
Product rendering (Keyshot)
- MUST – Real world experience (Minimum 3 years post grad).
- MUST – Thorough knowledge of Solidworks Surface and Solid modelling techniques. You need to be able to model anything we throw at you, whether that be machined metal components or organic plastic parts. Further, you’ll be able to prepare the production drawings/documentation to support it.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience in a consulting environment will be highly regarded but not essential.
- Passionate, hard worker with positive attitude.
Tertiary qualification in Mechanical/Product Design Engineering.
If you think you might be a good fit for this role:
Please Apply via application form on this page.
WANT TO WORK WITH US?
We’re always on the lookout for those driven and creative types who share our passion for great design.
If you’d like to build your career with us, submit your CV with sample portfolio (if applicable) here. If a suitable opening becomes available, we’ll be in contact.
Note: Visa sponsorship is NOT currently available.
Whistle is currently NOT accepting applications for internships.