Mechanical Design Engineer
Posted November 23, 2021.
We’re looking for a talented, highly skilled, experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join our team. The role will require you to apply a high level of critical problem solving to a broad range of topics. You will be working within a team of passionate engineers and designers delivering high quality, feasible and timely solutions for our client’s product development projects.
Typical tasks can include:
- Quick concept modelling for validation, rendering or 3D print.
- Production ready surface modelling, for supply to factory engineers for final detailing.
- Mechanism design
- DFM – Full production ready parts & assemblies in 3D CAD
- Production documentation, specifications and drawings, toleranced (GD&T knowledge required) and detailed as required.
- Prototyping (procurement or in-house)
- Product rendering (Keyshot)
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 4+ years’ of industry experience
- Strong knowledge of mechanical parts and computer-aided design
- MUST – Real world experience (Minimum 3 years post grad).
- MUST – Thorough knowledge of Solidworks Surface and Solid modelling techniques. You need to be able to model anything we throw at you, whether that be machined metal components or organic plastic parts. Further, you’ll be able to prepare the production drawings/documentation to support it.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience in a consulting environment will be highly regarded but not essential.
- Passionate, hard worker with positive attitude.
Tertiary qualification in Mechanical/Product Design Engineering.
If you think you are a good fit, please apply via Linkedin or using the contact form here. Previous applicants need not apply. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
WANT TO WORK WITH US?
We’re always on the lookout for those driven and creative types who share our passion for great design.
If you’d like to build your career with us, submit your CV with sample portfolio (if applicable) here. If a suitable opening becomes available, we’ll be in contact.
Note: Visa sponsorship is NOT currently available.
We are not currently accepting applications for internships.