Further Your Career @ Whistle
- Industrial Designers
- Product Design Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers
- Project Managers
No recruiters please.
Open Career Positions.
Senior Industrial Designer
- Mulgrave, Melbourne VIC.
- Full time.
- Posted 3/08/2023.
Established in 2012, Whistle has built a reputation as a leading industrial design and product development studio. Delivering world-class design to both local and international clients, our projects are diverse and exciting. Check out a sample of what we do in our Portfolio. With an expanding project line up, we are looking to add to our team to help us develop innovative and highly crafted design solutions.
We’re looking for a highly creative & experienced Senior Industrial Designer to join our team. Your role will be focused on front-end creative development with a clear understanding of design for manufacture constraints. From ideation and concept design to 3D CAD and stunning visualisation. We need you to bring your A-game and experience to deliver creative solutions for a range of local and global projects.
Typical tasks can include:
- Quick sketch ideation and presentation rendering
- Concept modelling in CAD (Solidworks)
- Prototyping (aesthetic, ergonomic & functional)
- Product rendering (Keyshot)
- Creating striking presentation materials
- Design research, documentation and planning
- Working closely with team members and advocating for the best design outcomes
- Tertiary qualification in Industrial Design or Product Design Engineering
- Minimum 5 years experience
- Broad, strong folio, comprising clean/quick ideation sketching through to highly refined digital presentation concepts
- Must have examples of design in 3D CAD. Solidworks is highly preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and a great sense of aesthetics and proportion
- Highly proficient with 3D CAD (Solidworks), Keyshot, Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign)
- High-level verbal communication skills
- Current Driver’s License (Highly Preferred)
- Eligibility and the Right to Work in Australia
If you think you might be a good fit for this role, please apply via Seek.
Applications must include a combined CV and sample portfolio in PDF format or will NOT be considered. (Please keep under 2MB file size).
Previous applicants need not apply.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
We are not currently accepting applications for internships.